Currently: October

Currently living/working in: Caretaking an island off the coast of New England and loving it! 

Current mood: Happy!

Currently thankful for: A simple and uncomplicated life on an island. 

Currently proud of: A new venture for our "Wandering La Vignes" brand that will be announced shortly … 

Currently excited about: Upcoming projects and job opportunities (one with a very lengthy job application process that we are just about through, thank goodness).

Currently not excited about: Insanity workout … J is trying to convince me to start up the 60-day Insanity workout again (we only made it to day 53 in 2013). He wants to keep in shape for his Denali climb in May. Why do I have to suffer? 

Currently worried about: What to do with Big Bird (our yellow Subaru Baja). We have outgrown him a bit and are not sure if we should upgrade to a bigger vehicle. 

Currently regretting: Not bringing more long-sleeved shirts. Most of our winter clothes are in storage in Colorado, so I brought what I had, which wasn't much.

Currently amazed by: Our ghost life we had through 2011 … we've had to dig deep into our old calendars for that new job application and wow, who were those people? We bear as much resemblance to them as a kitten does to a tiger. But I digress. What I did realize in walking down memory lane and describing it for a job application is that I have hiked close to 6,000 miles in my life. J, of course, has a bit more lifetime miles than I do, but still. Woot! Woot! 

Current confession: I could watch more TV. We have one here with a smattering of channels, but have been disciplined about limiting ourselves to Wednesday night for Survivor and for NFL games (Thurs night and Sunday). Okay, sometimes Friday night for a show my mom got me hooked on: Blue Bloods. But wouldn't it be so easy to just turn it on every night … 

Currently reading: Just finished "Teaching The Cat To Sit" by Michelle Theall (EXCELLENT) and almost done with "The Wild Truth" by Corinne McCandless (PRETTY GOOD). J, on the other hand, is reading every mountaineering disaster book he can (seems like good prep work for Denali?!). We still plan to do a full book report soonish. 

Current guilty pleasure: LOBSTAHS!! Twice in one month. Booyah. Hoping we will have them one more time before leaving the island. I know you are pea green with envy. 

Currently watching on Netflix: A horror movie here and there. Our Internet is not the best, but we do have enough bandwidth to watch Netflix … just have to be patient with the loading process. Instead, J finally convinced me to rewatch the TV series "Lost" that we have on DVD. Fitting since we are living on an island by ourselves. We are on season 2, but if we end up watching all 6 seasons, please just slap me. 

Labels: